Pillars of the Earth

by Ken Follett



Ken Follett had long been a staple of the bestseller lists for his novels of intrigue and espionage. Then came The Pillars of the Earth, a grand novel of epic storytelling that readers and critics quickly hailed as his crowning achievement. Now, The Pillars of the Earth is available for the first time to a new audience of readers, in this attractive new trade paperback edition.

In 12th-century England, the building of a mighty Gothic cathedral signals the dawn of a new age. This majestic creation will bond clergy and kings, knights and peasants together in a story of toil, faith, ambition and rivalry. A sweeping tale of the turbulent middle ages, The Pillars of the Earth is a masterpiece from one of the world's most popular authors.

"A novel of majesty and power...Will hold you, fascinate you, surround you." --Chicago Sun-Times

SiNgUrL's Review:

The first reason I bought this book was that because it was one of Follett's novels and I love his works. I was about to buy Time Traveler's Wife but I saw this and got distracted by it. I kept deciding should I buy this or Ken Follett's. Well, you get the picture... I bought Pillars of the Earth.

It's a very long book and this is my longest read book so far. I thought I wasn't going to finish it because there was so much going on with my life but eventually last night, I read the last part and liked the ending.

It is like a series in TV, there are lots of ups and downs for both the protagonists and antagonists. It was like a rollercoaster ride. The book didn't bore me but it took me so long to finish it because I was trying to adjust my life with time.

Anyway, I will buy the sequel to this book as soon as I go to the bookstore.

2 comments:



Lisa said...

Glad to hear you liked it. I just can't get myself to pick it up because of the length. Must make a dent in my piles of books before I try to pick up such a big one!

Lalis26 said...

cool. I LOVE THE LAYOUT!!!

Post a Comment